What are 3 mental health challenges examples?
Types of mental health problems
- Anger. Explains what anger is, and how to deal with it in a constructive and healthy way.
- Anxiety and panic attacks. …
- Bipolar disorder. …
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) …
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD) …
- Depression. …
- Dissociation and dissociative disorders. …
- Drugs – recreational drugs & alcohol.
What are mentally challenges?
A mental challenge is any disease or condition affecting the brain that influences the way a person thinks, feels, behaves and/or relates to others and to his or her surroundings.
What are the 4 types of mental health?
anxiety disorders. personality disorders. psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia) eating disorders.
What are the challenges of depression?
being frustrated by what’s expected of you. money problems. physical disability. chronic illness.
- feelings of grief and loss.
- disappointment at not being able to reach life goals.
- a loss of identity if the disability came about in adulthood.
What are the 7 main mental disorders?
Seven common types of mental disorders include:
- Anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders social anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and phobias.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What are examples of good mental health?
You probably have good mental health if:
- you are confident when faced with new situations or people.
- you feel optimistic.
- you do not always blame yourself.
- you set goals.
- you feel good about yourself.
- you have good self esteem.
What causes mental health problems?
The exact cause of most mental disorders is not known, but research suggests that a combination of factors, including heredity, biology, psychological trauma, and environmental stress, might be involved.
What are the challenges of anxiety?
Signs and Symptoms
- Feeling restless, wound-up, or on-edge.
- Being easily fatigued.
- Having difficulty concentrating; mind going blank.
- Being irritable.
- Having muscle tension.
- Difficulty controlling feelings of worry.
- Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, restlessness, or unsatisfying sleep.
Why is mental health important?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
How can I improve my mental health?
How to Improve Your Mental Health in 2022
- Give your feeling a name. …
- Give your mental illness a name, too. …
- Find meaning in everyday activities. …
- Try meditating anywhere. …
- Allow yourself to grieve ‘small’ losses. …
- If you need one, take a ‘Sad Day. …
- Write down what’s bothering you before bed. …
- Count sheep … or whatever.