Social psychologists focus on societal concerns that have a powerful influence on individual well-being as well as the health of society as a whole, including problems such as substance use, crime, prejudice, domestic abuse, public health, bullying, and aggression.
Social psychology focuses on three main areas: social thinking, social influence, and social behavior.
Social-psychology investigates the socially meaningful actions of individuals. This research aims to examine four significant areas of theory and research in social-psychology and discuss how each fits into the study of enterprisers activity: cognition, attribution, attitudes, and the self.
There are four key characteristics of social psychology including broad scope, cultural mandate, scientific methods, and search for wisdom.
Topics examined in social psychology include: the self concept, social cognition, attribution theory, social influence, group processes, prejudice and discrimination, interpersonal processes, aggression, attitudes and stereotypes.
Social psychologists study interpersonal and group dynamics and social challenges, such as prejudice, implicit bias, bullying, criminal activity and substance abuse. They research social interactions and the factors that influence them, such as group behavior, attitudes, public perceptions and leadership.
- Prejudice, Stereotyping, and Intergroup Relations. …
- Personal Relationships. …
- Motivation and Emotion. …
- Collective/Macro Orientations.
The 9 Major Research Areas in Social Psychology
- Social Cognition.
- Violence and Aggression.
- Prosocial Behavior.
- Prejudice and Discrimination.
- Social Identity.
- Group Behavior.
- Social Influence.
There are different social psychology approaches to explain human behavior. Explore the four major perspectives of social psychology – social cognition, the sociocultural perspective, social learning, and the evolutionary perspective – and learn how each perspective views human behavior.
Social psychology helps people manage their stress, depression and other social issues and improve their decision making and predict accurate future behavior based on the understanding of past behavior.
A social psychological theory that explains the way in which people explain their own behavior and that of others.
The major themes are:
- Social cognition and perception.
- The self in a social context.
- Attitudes and persuasion.
- Group decisions.
- Attraction and close relationships.
- Prosocial behavior.
- Stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
What are the main themes of psychology?
Seven Themes of Psychology
- Theme 1: Psychology is Emperical:
- Theme 2: PSychology is Theoretically Diverse.
- Theme 3: Psychology Evolves in a Sociohistorical Context.
- Theme 4 Behavior is determined by multiple causes.
- Theme 5: Behavior is shaped by cultural Heritage.
- Theme 6: Heredity and Enviorment jointly influence behavior.
Learning more about social psychology can enrich your understanding of yourself and the world around you. By learning more about how people view others, how they behave in groups, and how attitudes are formed, you can gain a greater appreciation for how social relationships influence individual functioning.