The nervous system is made up of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system: The brain and the spinal cord are the central nervous system. The nerves that go through the whole body make up the peripheral nervous system.
What 3 things makes up the nervous system?
The nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, and all of the nerves that connect these organs with the rest of the body.
What are the 9 parts of the nervous system?
The PNS is broken into the somatic nervous system and the autonomic nervous system.
- Somatic Nervous System. The somatic nervous system is made up of motor neurons and sensory neurons that help the body perform voluntary activities.
- Autonomic Nervous System. …
- Sympathetic Nervous System. …
- Parasympathetic Nervous System.
What makes up the nervous system how does it work?
The nervous system is made up of all the nerve cells in your body. … The shorter extensions (called dendrites) act like antennae: they receive signals from, for example, other neurons and pass them on to the cell body. The signals are then passed on via a long extension (the axon), which can be up to a meter long.
What are the 4 nervous systems?
The central nervous system is made up of the brain and spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system is made up of the Somatic and the Autonomic nervous systems.
Autonomic Nervous System
- The sympathetic nervous system.
- The parasympathetic nervous system.
- The enteric nervous system.
What are the 5 functions of the nervous system?
5 Major Functions of Nervous System
- Detection of both internal environment and external environmental changes of the body.
- Conduction of Information.
- Integration of Information.
- Respond to stimuli.
What are 5 interesting facts about the nervous system?
11 Fun Facts About the Nervous System
- The body has billions of nerve cells. …
- Neurons are made of three parts. …
- Neurons may look different from one another. …
- Neurons are programmed to do different things. …
- There are two parts of the nervous system. …
- There are two types of nervous systems.
What makes up the peripheral nervous system?
The peripheral nervous system refers to parts of the nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord. It includes the cranial nerves, spinal nerves and their roots and branches, peripheral nerves, and neuromuscular junctions. … It is distributed throughout the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Which of the following are components of the central nervous system?
Central Nervous System Structure. The CNS has three main components: the brain, the spinal cord, and the neurons (or nerve cells).
What components of the nervous system are involved in physical sensation?
The components of the nervous system that are involved in the physical sensation is the peripheral nervous system, which is divided into two groups they are, sensory and motor divisions.