The nervous system is made up of all the nerve cells in your body. … For example, if you touch a hot plate, you reflexively pull back your hand and your nerves simultaneously send pain signals to your brain. Metabolic processes are also controlled by the nervous system.
What are 3 examples of the nervous system?
The peripheral nervous system
- Somatic nervous system.
- Autonomic nervous system.
What is a nervous system explain?
Your nervous system is your body’s command center. Originating from your brain, it controls your movements, thoughts and automatic responses to the world around you. It also controls other body systems and processes, such as digestion, breathing and sexual development (puberty).
What are two examples of the nervous system?
The nervous system is made up of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system:
- The brain and the spinal cord are the central nervous system.
- The nerves that go through the whole body make up the peripheral nervous system.
What is an example of a nervous system cell?
Although the nervous system is very complex, there are only two main types of cells in nerve tissue. The actual nerve cell is the neuron. It is the “conducting” cell that transmits impulses and the structural unit of the nervous system. The other type of cell is neuroglia, or glial, cell.
What is nervous system class 10?
Nervous system is the organ system present in the animals to control and coordinate different activities of the body. Nervous system comprises of the brain, the spinal cord, and a huge network of nerves that are spread throughout the body. … Nerves are thread like structures emerging out of the brain and spinal cord.
What are the 4 main functions of the nervous system?
The four main functions of the nervous system are:
- Control of body’s internal environment to maintain ‘homeostasis’ An example of this is the regulation of body temperature. …
- Programming of spinal cord reflexes. An example of this is the stretch reflex. …
- Memory and learning. …
- Voluntary control of movement.
What is nervous system Class 5?
The nervous system includes the brain, nerves and spinal cord. It is the communication center for the body, sending and receiving messages, regulating body functions and serving as the control center for the five senses and for emotions, speech, coordination, balance, and learning.
What is the nervous system Wikipedia?
The nervous system is a body system which sends signals around the body. It lets animals respond to what is around them. The central nervous system is the brain, the spinal cord, and nerves. It is present in almost all animals.
What is the main function of the nervous system?
The nervous system helps all the parts of the body to communicate with each other. It also reacts to changes both outside and inside the body. The nervous system uses both electrical and chemical means to send and receive messages.
What are the 5 main parts of the nervous system?
The nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, and all of the nerves that connect these organs with the rest of the body. Together, these organs are responsible for the control of the body and communication among its parts.
- Afferent neurons. …
- Efferent neurons. …
What are 5 interesting facts about the nervous system?
11 Fun Facts About the Nervous System
- The body has billions of nerve cells. …
- Neurons are made of three parts. …
- Neurons may look different from one another. …
- Neurons are programmed to do different things. …
- There are two parts of the nervous system. …
- There are two types of nervous systems.
What are the types of nerves?
The main 2 types of nerves are sensory nerves and motor nerves.
- Sensory nerves also known as afferent nerves, carry impulses from sensory receptors towards the brain.
- Motor nerves also known as efferent nerves, carry impulses away from the brain to muscles and glands.