Mental health refers to cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being. It is all about how people think, feel, and behave. People sometimes use the term “mental health” to mean the absence of a mental disorder. Mental health can affect daily living, relationships, and physical health.
What is considered a mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
What things fall under mental health?
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder.
- Eating Disorders.
- Substance Abuse & Addiction.
- Social Media and Mental Health.
- News & Features.
What are the 7 types of mental health?
Seven common types of mental disorders include:
- Anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders social anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and phobias.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What are the 5 examples of mental health?
Types of mental health problems
- Anger. Explains what anger is, and how to deal with it in a constructive and healthy way.
- Anxiety and panic attacks. …
- Bipolar disorder. …
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) …
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD) …
- Depression. …
- Dissociation and dissociative disorders. …
- Drugs – recreational drugs & alcohol.
How do you measure mental health?
Increasingly big data, and data linked to hospital records or social media mean other indicators of mental health including diagnosis, demographic details, health history, prescription information, referrals, psychologist attendance, or police records can be used, and may be useful for location specific studies.
What is the politically correct term for mental illness?
There are different terminologies used by people to describe their mental health status. These may include mental health problems, mental disorder, mental health condition and psychiatric disability. These different terms may refer to the extent of their condition and whether it has been formally diagnosed.
What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
Five Warning Signs of Mental Illness
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extremely high and low moods.
- Excessive fear, worry, or anxiety.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping habits.
What is the major mental illness?
Mental disorders include: depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and other psychoses, dementia, and developmental disorders including autism. There are effective strategies for preventing mental disorders such as depression.
What is the difference between mental health and mental illness?
While mental health is always there and may be positive or negative, mental illness affects a person’s ability to function over a long period of time.
What are the 10 types of mental disorders?
Here are 10 types of mental health disorders.
- Depression. Depression affects millions of adolescents and adults across America and globally. …
- Anxiety. …
- ADHD. …
- Insomnia. …
- Addiction & Substance Abuse. …
- Bipolar Disorder. …
- Schizophrenia. …
Is anxiety a mental disorder?
Anxiety disorders are the most common of mental disorders and affect nearly 30% of adults at some point in their lives. But anxiety disorders are treatable and a number of effective treatments are available. Treatment helps most people lead normal productive lives.
Is ADHD a mental disability?
Answer: Technically, yes. ADHD is a mental illness. But it’s a complex topic that can leave some parents confused or upset.
What are the 3 most common mental illnesses?
3 Most Common Mental Health Disorders in America
- Anxiety disorders. …
- Major depressive disorder. …
- Bipolar disorder. …
- Access Community Health Network (ACCESS)